Tuesday, September 4, 2012

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES

 LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES
Jerry was the kind of guy you love to hate.  He was always in a good mood and always had something positive to say.  He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.  Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and asked him, “I don’t get it!  You can’t be a positive person all of the time.  How do you do it?” Jerry replied,
 
“Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Jerry, you have two choices today.

You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.’ I choose to be in a good mood.

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life.

I choose the positive side of life.”
 
“Yeah, right, it’s not that easy,” I protested.
“Yes it is,” Jerry said. “Life is all about choices.  When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice.  You choose how you react to situations.  You choose how people will affect your mood.  You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood.  It’s your choice how you live life.”
ADAPT FROM: Francie Baltazar-Schwartz's Story
 
SHARED FROM: http://academictips.org/blogs/

No comments:

Post a Comment