To be a good leader, you need to focus, delegate and have the ability to put your vision into words. Focusing on the vision means focus on what the company’s going to do. Delegate to others so that you can continue to fulfil the vision.
Managers are responsible for the day to day operation of how we are going to get there. Tactically, it about how we are going to fulfil the leader’s vision.
A way to help is to surround yourself with excellent people. If you don’t have good people around you, the whole system collapses because you can’t delegate and you really can’t focus because you are focusing on them.
The most rewarding about being a leader is effecting change in young people. Keeping their values strong and not being distracted by money only.
In developing oneself to be a good leader:
· Make sure that you are committed to life-long learning.
- Really determine where your black holes are
- Concentrated on the element that you lack
· Know what’s going on
- Take seminars
- Go to classes, trade shows
- Be involve with what’s going what’s going on
- Read and know your industry well
- Get in the community and be a leader in the non-profit world as a way to give back and make a difference.
· Practice those leadership skills
Shared From Trevor Gordon