Your attitude can impact your behavior. You need to carry the right attitude. Wrong attitude leads to poor behavior. Here’s what your need to watch out:
1. Lack of conversation
· Need to build better connection, so the more conversational you are with contacts, the better connection you build
· To build better connection through conversation:
· Read up on
o Happenings in your fields and industry
o Current affairs
o Share information
· Being conversational at job interview is also critical
o People hire those they are comfortable with and enjoy talking to
2. Waiting on others to take action
· It’ you who have to take action and control the situation to make things happen
· When sending out resumes, don’t wait around
· Personalize your communication so that you receive valuable information as to who and how to follow up.
· Take a more proactive approach. Recruiters don’t find jobs for people, they find people for jobs.
3. Not staying current
· Be willing to experience things new and adapt to change
· Do research to understand core skills needed
4. Unwilling to start from the group up
· You may have to start at the bottom and work your way up.
· Through experience you can gain the knowledge needed to advance.
5. Me. Me
· The resume is about the employer
· What you can do for the employer?
· What do you have that the employer needs?
· How can you bring value to the employer?
6. Taking bad
· People enjoy being around other who have a positive attitude and outlook
· Do no talk bad about others and complain
· Keep ad positive attitude and talk less about the problem and move about the solutions
Shared from article by
Monday, 7 December 2015